Tuesday 26 April 2011

Further investigation into my influences

Before I finalize my film I am going to research films that are similar in there integrity and impact. One film which instantly sprung to mind is the 2007 Box-Office success 'Paranormal Activity' which features a young middle class couple finding their feet in their new suburban house. There was a considerably high level of hype surrounding this film, mainly down to the fact there was a small budget. This of course asked the questions; 'Can a small budget still buy enough horror for the mainstream?' and 'How will it compete against the expensive, powerful films of Hollywood?'.

These questions were answered with a Box Office Gross worth of $107,917,283 USA dollars. A phenomenal achievement considering that the budget was estimated at $15,000. Despite all of this relating to the cost of production and filming, I believe the most relative aspect of my film with Paranormal activity is the camera angles and first hand filming. To demonstrate this, I have included a trailer of the film in this blog. Every scene, is achieved through the male partner filming first hand through a reasonably cheap camcorder.



Looking at the camera angles, movement of the camera, it really draws the audience in as the close up shots capture fear as well as the mid shots displaying a concentrated panic from the woman.

I feel that this is the closest film relevant to my film because of the basic filming and the element of observing the characters reactions to the demonic presence. Capturing that shock and fear is important to my film as my main purpose is for the audience to be viewing the film through my sisters reactions to the films I am showing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment